Translate

Monday, March 5, 2012

Kori Restaurant Review

Kori Korean Restaurant
253 Church Street
New York, NY 10013
212-334-0908

I had planned to eat light today and go for a walk for lunch, but my friend asked me to lunch today at Kori and I could not resist.

We arrived at 11:45 a.m. because my friend had to attend a meeting later. The restaurant was empty that early. We ordered the lunch boxes which included a spicy romaine salad, fried dumpling, pickled onion, japchae, rice and choice of meat. I chose beef Bulgogi and my friend had short ribs. They served us complimentary soup, endamame and kimchee. Any place that serves free kimchee is tops on my list!

The beef Bulgogi was tender and sweet and the kimchee, red onion, japchae and rice complemented the meat perfectly.

I wish they would sell the japchae noodles as a separate meal choice for lunch. The waitress said that japchae symbolizes long life so it is special to eat japchae. This does not explain shy they can't sell more japchae for lunch.

We finished our lunch at around 12.30 and there was a line almost out the door. Kori is a poplar place in TriBeCa as there are few other Korean places in the area. The ambiance is trendy yet friendly.