Translate

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Topshop Haul Review

I just received my Topshop order today. I discovered Topshop by Googling clothes with peplum, which I LOVE because it covers up my less than perfect belly and makes me feel more feminine. Thank goodness it is the hottest trend now, instead of, say, the poncho trend a few years ago, which I refused to partake.

I decided to give Topshop a try after deciding not to place my order of a peplum dress by Alice and Olivia, which is around $300. Yes, Alice and Olivia is a great designer, but $300 is a bit high. I would rather spend money on high end accessories such as a bag or shoes. Plus, after trying on the Alice and Olivia Victoria peplum dress, which did not cover the imperfection of my poochy belly because the peplum is too short, I am glad I discovered Topshop. The Topshop peplum is way more effective for covering up the effects of childbirth, fibroids, late night
snacks, etc., etc.

I am sooooo pleased with my Topshop order. Even though it took about two weeks to arrive, which is a bit longer than Asos or Banana Republic, I am in love with my new peplum pieces. There is a Topshop in Soho in New York, but it has been a busy few weeks, so I could not make it to the store. However, I am happy that I have the option of going to the Soho Topshop to try things on. I also don't think that the tall sizes are available in store.

My favorites are:

The scuba black peplum skirt in the tall size. I am not particularly tall, 5'5", but I like a longer skirt for the office. The tall skirt falls to my knee, professional yet slightly sexy. The scuba is so comfy and stretchy, which I can report from a few months of wear of another Topshop scuba skirt. I love the scuba skirt so much I also ordered it in pink. I have seen a similar Jason Wu "pretty in pink" dress with a pink peplum skirt but I surmise it cost a lot more than my entire Topshop order.  I was right: The Jason Wu Pretty in Pink dress has a price tag of $3165 and it is all sold out at Nordstrom!
Take a look at this link on the Fashion Spot.

Topshop Scuba Skirt in Tall



OMG is what I have to say about the peplum jacket with the zipper. Very Lady Gaga but a bit more toned down.


Topshop Jacket


The red peplum short sleeve top is made with a rib material that feels kinds of stiff. I have a similar top from ASOS that is made with stretchy ponti that I love.




The red skirt is the only item in my order I am not too sure about. It is a nice color and a pretty chiffon-like fabric, but it did not look as good on me as the other pieces. If I change my mind, I will post it here.  I am happy with the way the items came with nice hangers, especially for the skirts, and plastic protective covers.  For someone as addicted to shopping as I am, I am glad I don't have to worry about buying more hangers for my new outfits.  Way to go, Topshop!