Translate

Monday, October 1, 2012

At Long Last, Somewhere to Put My Longan Pits

I missed lychee season this year and boy was I po'd. Who knew lychee season was one week in May? After that week, all they had were the lychees without the stems and those taste horrible.

I am happy to report longans have been selling in Chinatown for over a month now. Longans are probably just as tasty as lychees, just not as popular. Is it because they are beige versus the pretty pink color of lychees? Don't judge a fruit by its peel. Why don't they ever make a Longan martini?

Do you ever get grossed out by the pits in your bowl when you are eating a bowl of cherries or anything with pits? Well, thanks to the Obol bowl, now you have separate compartments for your fruit and pits. I have one complaint: how come they don't make a lid for the bowl? That would be really functional.