Translate

Friday, December 7, 2012

Lululemon Helps Me Lose Weight

Lately, I've been obsessed with Lululemon. I had been loving the Groove pants that I read about in New York Magazine that are supposed to make my butt look really globular and hot. Who wouldn't want that, huh? So, I was happily sporting my Lululemon Grooves about town and not really trying to lose weight until my mother called me up and said, "Ni hen pang, yeoaw jian fay." (You are fat, need to lose weight). Now, it is a miracle I am not on more antidepressants with a mother who calls me up to tell me such things. So anyway, I decided I needed to show my mother that I can lose weight, so I started doing the Firm Express and Cathe DVDs that require a lot of jumping. The leggings from Nordstrom that I had been wearing did not feel comfortable during constant jumping I had to do during intense exercise (such as the 8 second bursts). I felt as if my pants were going to fall down. So I ran to Lululemon looking for some stretchy tights with draw string. It started out with one pair of Toasty Run tights. I love how comfy they are but they were too hot for indoor DVD jumping. The nice Lululemon sales person recommended the running crops. I love the crops now because not only do they stay in place, they are cool, with circle mesh (to promote air circulation where you need it most). Well, since I have very athletic legs, in the Lululemon running tights, I imagined I could look like I run, possibly training for a marathon or something. So, of course I had to get some jackets to go with them. I then bought the Define jacket, which nips in my waist and makes me look skinnier.

I have lost around 5 pounds in a week, doing Firm and Cathe DVDs and running to Lululemon to buy more stretch pants. For the record, I am not fat. Because, I can fit into Lululemon, and according to people on this website called MyFitnessPal, if you can fit into Lululemon, you are very, very fit. So there, mama. Just because I am not a skinny Chinese girl does not mean I am fat.